LANCASTER, Ohio (January 19, 2012) –The Fairfield Medical Center Pediatrics Department recently received many donations to benefit children admitted to the hospital.
The following donations were received and appreciated from community businesses:
• 48 Christmas teddy bears were donated from J.B. Robinson Jewelers at River Valley Mall.
• The second grade at Bloom Carroll Elementary School donated miscellaneous toy items, pencils, books, coloring books, card games, puzzles and DVDs.
• 48 Christmas teddy bears were donated from Aeropostale at River Valley Mall.
• Eilis Kelly, Miss Baltimore; Skylar Bader, Junior Miss Baltimore; and Summer Heistand, Little Miss First Attendant, donated 28 sock monkeys.
• 20 Christmas dogs were donated from Maurices at River Valley Mall.
“The donations we received recently help patients cope with being in the hospital and truly make a difference,” said Cathy Warner, Pediatrics Department Registered Nurse. Warner noted that the donated items give children something to focus on during treatment and help to cheer them up no matter what time of the year.
Fairfield Medical Center extends its thanks to J.B. Robinson Jewelers, Bloom Carroll Elementary School, Aeropostale, Miss Baltimore and her court, and Maurices for their generous donations.
# # #