Fairfield Medical Center
401 North Ewing Street
(800) 548-2627 (TOLL FREE)
Lancaster, OH 43130
Mina Ubbing, CEO
Tell us if we are meeting your needs or if there is a way we can improve our service.
We are people you know, offering quality care you trust. Serving more than 250,000 residents in Fairfield, Perry, Hocking and Athens counties and employing more than 2,000 individuals, Fairfield Medical Center is proud of its role in the community. Our 222-bed, nonprofit, 501(c)3 hospital located in Lancaster, Ohio, and provides full-service, general acute health services.
Fairfield Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, earning their prestigious Gold Seal of Approval™ by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and standards in hospitals. The accreditation award recognizes Fairfield Medical Center’s dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s “best practice” care standards.
Several affiliated groups generously assist Fairfield Medical Center. Since 1948, more than 20 TWIG groups have been formed to support the Center. Many volunteers donate their time and talents to assist patients, visitors and staff. In 2003 the Fairfield Medical Center Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, was established to cultivate relationships and financial resources necessary to support health-care programs, projects and services of Fairfield Medical Center.
As a nonprofit healthcare facility, Fairfield Medical Center is committed to providing medically necessary treatment to persons in need, regardless of their ability to pay.
We are people you know offering care you trust. Serving more than 250,000 residents in Fairfield, Perry, Hocking and Athens counties and employing more than 2,000 individuals, Fairfield Medical Center is proud of its role in the community. Our 222-bed, nonprofit, 501 (c) 3 hospital located in Lancaster, Ohio, provides full-service, general acute health services.
Several affiliated groups generously assist Fairfield Medical Center. Since 1948, more than 20 TWIG groups have been formed to support the Center. Many volunteers donate their time and talents to assist patients, visitors and staff. The Volunteer Chaplain Program, formed in 1977 and comprised of area ministers, supports the spiritual needs of patients.
- Awards & Accreditations
A deep-rooted history serves as the foundation for Fairfield Medical Center, paving the way for our continued growth and progress.
Originating as a private, 10-patient-capacity health facility, Lancaster's first
hospital is known as Park Street Hospital.
The hospital changes its name to Lancaster Municipal Hospital with the
slogan, “Good Will for the Ill.” It’s owned and operated by the City of Lancaster.
A school of nursing is built, hosting its first graduating class in 1920 and continuing until 1960.
After gradual expansion, patients are transferred from the original building to a new six-floor facility, which is now known as the Patient Tower. A single-floor building is constructed to connect the renovated 1953 facility, the West Wing, to the Patient Tower.
The hospital is reorganized from a county-sponsored facility to a nonprofit hospital and changes its name from Lancaster-Fairfield County Hospital to Lancaster-Fairfield Community Hospital.
The ambulatory care center is opened and equipped to provide a full complement of outpatient services.
The facility for psychiatric health is created to provide short-term comprehensive inpatient psychiatric services for adults.
The "Building on Excellence" building and renovation project includes the conversion of the hospital's first floor to clinical facilities; enhancing and expanding diagnostic, surgical and therapeutic services; the remodeled obstetrics unit to provide maternity patients with state-of-the-art care; and combining the coronary-care and intensive-care units into a single, more efficient and functional critical-care unit. The hospital changes its name to Fairfield Medical Center to better reflect the expansion of services offered and the communities served.
A multi-phase project, including the expansion of the emergency department, the radiation oncology wing and cardiac-services, is completed.
The completion of the first phase of a 65,000-square-foot addition and the construction of a 45,000-square-foot medical office building is realized. The "North Entrance" to the Medical Center is officially opened, welcoming patients and visitors to the new endoscopy suites, observation unit and cardiovascular-services areas.
Construction continues today to add two new catheterization labs, an expanded emergency department and to provide for the future growth of the radiology and surgery departments.
Fairfield Medical Center is pleased to partner with Mount Carmel Health System to open Diley Ridge Medical Park in Spring 2010. This new facility will offer a full-service emergency department, outpatient testing facility, inpatient observation area and a medical office building.
Letter from the Administrator
Welcome to Fairfield Medical Center!
In a continually changing medical environment, Fairfield Medical Center strives to provide exceptional care with personalized emphasis on each patient and their family and friends.
Mina H. Ubbing
Chief Executive Officer
Fairfield Medical Center earns its reputation as one of central and southeastern Ohio’s premier medical facilities by providing heartfelt, high-quality health care with special consideration and services for family and loved ones.
As we become the nationally recognized hospital of choice in the region, Fairfield Medical Center will continue its history for clinical excellence and compassionate care provided by a proud team of professionals who love what they do.