After Your Surgery
• Following your surgery, you will be taken to the Recovery Area (PACU). Members of your family and/or support person will meet with the surgeon in a consultation room, where your surgeon will discuss your operation with them. .
• After 3:00 p.m. there may not be an attendant in the waiting room area. Please advise family members to use the specified phone for questions. A phone number will be provided.
• When you are ready to go home, you will be discharged by your surgeon and be permitted to leave with your family and/or support person.
• The surgery staff will provide you with written information to let you know what to expect in the days following your surgery, as well as specific instructions about your post-operative care.
• Remember, it is normal for you to feel dizzy or drowsy for several hours after your surgery. That’s why we advise you not to drive, operate any equipment, sign any important papers or make any significant decisions during the 24 hours following your surgery.
• Please arrange for transportation in advance, you may not drive yourself home.