What is Healthy Eating for Life?
You’ve heard it all before… eat right, exercise, and stop the fad dieting. Still confused about how to take the right steps toward achieving a healthier body weight, or need someone to help you be accountable? Join the Healthy Eating for Life classes at Fairfield Medical Center. Put your knowledge into practice with weekly guidance from a registered and licensed dietitian and support from your classmates. We’ll discuss ideas for creating quick and healthy meals, learn how to navigate restaurant menus, sort out the truth about healthy carbohydrates, protein, and fat, and identify ways to overcome the barriers that have been holding you back.
This 8-week series of classes offer practical nutrition and exercise advice that will help you change your everyday behaviors in order to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight for life. For your convenience, registered dietitian Kate Kanner is here to lead you through the program every step of the way and assist you in achieving your personal weight loss goals. Several guest speakers will also share their knowledge with the class throughout the course of this comprehensive program, including an exercise specialist, a psychologist, and a physician.
What to expect?
- You do not have to be a Fairfield Medical Center Employee to participate…
- There is a $180 registration fee.
- There is not a registration fee for those covered by FMC employee health insurance! Please note program attendance policy applies.
- A $30 deposit is required to reserve a spot in the class.
- Included in the $180 registration fee are pre- and post-program measurements, weekly weigh-ins, and calculation of individual nutrient needs, a class binder full of helpful resources, healthy snacks provided weekly, and some prizes and giveaways .
- Classes are held on Wednesdays from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm.
For more information or to register contact Kate Kanner, RD, LD at (740) 687-8468.