LANCASTER, Ohio (August 14, 2012) – Fairfield Medical Center is proud to announce Buckeye Honda as one of 10 local organizations to achieve a fitTOGETHER certification.
FMC Dietary Assistant Manager and fitTOGETHER Taskforce member Kathleen Meyer honors Buckeye Honda staff with fitTOGETHER certification.
“To earn this certification, the organization must demonstrate a commitment to improving the health and wellness of its workforce by offering physical activities, nutrition and behavior change,” said Kathleen Meyer, FMC dietary assistant manager and fitTOGETHER taskforce member. One way Buckeye Honda demonstrated its commitment to the health and wellness of its employees was to install a healthy vending machine. “This shows their dedication to the health and wellness of their employees,” Meyer said. fitTOGETHER is designed to provide the necessary awareness and support needed for area communities to effectively combat obesity in Fairfield, Hocking, Perry and Pickaway counties. The initiative was launched by FMC in the spring of 2011 along with area leaders and hospitals in the three other participating counties.
There are various ways to become involved in fitTOGETHER:
• Make a personal commitment to eat healthier and increase your daily activity level.
• Join a committee to help further fitTOGETHER’s mission in your community.
• Volunteer for a fitTOGETHER event to help build awareness and participation in health promotion activities in your community.
• Become a fitTOGETHER company by making a commitment to reach established fitness goals within your workforce.
• Become a pilot school for your county to help spread fitness information and encourage healthier lifestyles to your community’s youth.
• Help identify activities and resources that can lead to improved fitness levels in your community.
“Our goal right now is to promote healthier eating habits and exercise to as many people in our community as possible,” said Misty Newsome, manager of FMC’s Health and Wellness Services and fitTOGETHER.
# # #
Fairfield Medical Center
Public Relations Specialist