CARF Accredited WorkLife Programs
We provide two programs accredited by the, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF): Work Conditioning and Work Hardening WorkLife (Industrial Rehabilitation).
The work conditioning program is an individualized, measurable and supervised exercise program with a goal of progressing to gainful employment. The focus is to improve an individual’s overall tolerance and endurance for physical work capacity in the sub-acute stage of recovery.
Typically two to four hours per day for three to four days per week for a duration of four to six weeks
The work hardening program is an individualized, comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to restoring work-related function and returning an individual to gainful employment. Activities are focused on improving an individual’s overall activity tolerances, psychosocial well-being, vocational skills and physical work capacities. Task modification, physical conditioning, work simulation and education are the tools used to promote return to work.
Typically four to eight hours per day for five days per week for approximately six to 10 weeks
WorkLife Therapists Providing Care:
Chris Miller, O.T.R./L. and Program Coordinator
Carolyn Gilliam, O.T.R./L., M.H.A. and Physical Medicine manger
To learn more about WorkLife therapists, click here.
The multi-disciplinary WorkLife team maximizes gainful employment for Fairfield County and the surrounding region through high quality prevention, early intervention and injury management industrial rehabilitation services.
Our Core Values:
Work re-entry driven
Responsive to stakeholders’ needs
Keeping safety and education priority
Program Admission Criteria:
- Unable to complete full work duties due to a neuromuscular or musculoskeletal injury
- Beyond the acute stage of tissue healing but still experiencing physical deficits
- No longer requires one-to-one specialized care or modalities for pain reduction
- Medical, psychological or other conditions do not prohibit participation in intensive program activities
- A stated desire to return to gainful employment
- A stated or demonstrated willingness to participate
Additional Services Available:
- To promote work-related safety and enhance health and well-being.
- Audiological Testing
- Custom-Fit Orthotics
- Ergonomic Study
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
- Job Analysis
- Nutrition Counseling
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Post-Offer/Pre-Placement Screening
- Psychological Evaluation
- Transition Work
Click the images above for 2012 Year-End Reports.
WorkLife services are offered at the Outpatient Therapy Services/SportsClinic/WorkLife office, which is located in the Kroger shopping center on East Main Street in Lancaster, Ohio.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: 1143 East Main Street, Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Contact: Phone (740) 687-8688 Fax: (740) 687-8857