1. If you are a FMC employee you must adhere to the Employee Social Media Guidelines post on the FMC Intranet site.
2. You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any FMC Social Media Site.
3. You are prohibited from posting any content that is personal health information including patient images on any FMC Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using the FMC Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary by non-FMC physicians or to use the FMC Social Media Site to make, recommend or increase referrals to physicians who are not employed by FMC.
4. As a guest posting content to any FMC Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in FMC’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non FMC services or products), promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
5. FMC reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any FMC Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. FMC may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in FMC’s sole discretion. You understand and agree that FMC may disclose your communications and activities with FMC in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of FMC rights. You agree that in the event that FMC exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, FMC will have no liability to you.
6. By posting any content on any FMC Social Media Site, you grant to FMC the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any FMC purpose.
7. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold FMC and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a FMC Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
8. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS INTRUSION ATTEMPTS. FMC DOES NOT CONTROL THE THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT AND, THEREFORE, FMC DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION. WHEN POSTING ANY CONTENT ON AN INTERNET SITE, YOU SHOULD THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR OWN PRIVACY IN DISCLOSING DETAILED OR PRIVATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. FURTHERMORE, FMC DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE FMC SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
9. You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a FMC Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
10. You may not provide any content to a FMC Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the FMC Social Media Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the FMC Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
11. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER AFMCESSES A FMC SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, FMC suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
- Fairfield Diagnostic Imaging - 1241 River Valley Boulevard, Lancaster
- Fairfield Medical Diagnostic Services at Main Street - 1159 East Main Street, Lancaster
- Fairfield Medical Diagnostic Services at Colonnade - 1550 Sheridan Drive, Suite 302, Lancaster
- Fairfield Medical Diagnostic Services at Granville Pike - 1781 Countryside Drive, Lancaster
- Fairfield Medical Diagnostic Services at Millersport - 12135 Lancaster Street, Millersport
- Ewing Square Specialty Services - 1253 East Main Street, Lancaster
- Fairfield Medical Center Business Office - 1153 East Main Street, Lancaster
- Fairfield Medical Diagnostic Services at River Valley - 1203B River Valley Boulevard, Lancaster
- Fairfield Medical Diagnostic Services at River View - 2405 North Columbus Street, Suite 180, Lancaster
- Outpatient Therapy Services/SportsClinic & Worklife - 1143 East Main Street, Lancaster
- River View Surgery Center - 2405 North Columbus Street, Lancaster
- Southeast Ohio Sleep Disorders Center - 135 North Ewing Street, Lancaster
- Surgery Pavilion - 135 North Ewing Street, Lancaster
- Wound Clinic - 135 North Ewing Street, Lancaster
- The physicians and other licensed professionals seeing and treating patients at Fairfield Medical Center and it’s associates.
USES AND DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
- We may release your personal health information for any purpose required by law
- We may release your personal health information for public health activities, such as required reporting of disease, injury, and birth and death, and for required public health investigations
- We may release your personal health information as required by law if we suspect child abuse or neglect; we may also release your personal health information as required by law if we believe you to be a victim of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- We may release your personal health information to the Food and Drug Administration if necessary to report adverse events, product defects, or to participate in product recalls
- We may release your personal health information to your employer when we have provided health care to you at the request of your employer to determine workplace-related illness or injury; in most cases you will receive notice that information is disclosed to your employer
- We may release your personal health information if required by law to a government oversight agency conducting audits, investigations, or civil or criminal proceedings
- We may release your personal health information if required to do so by subpoena or discovery request; in some cases you will have notice of such release
- We may release your personal health information to law enforcement officials as required by law to report wounds and injuries and crimes
- We may release your personal health information to coroners and/or funeral directors consistent with law
- We may release your personal health information if necessary to arrange an organ or tissue donation from you or a transplant for you
- We may release your personal health information if in limited instances if we suspect a serious threat to health or safety
- We may release your personal health information if you are a member of the military as required by armed forces services we may also release your personal health information if necessary for national security or intelligence activities
- We may release your personal health information to workers’ compensation agencies if necessary for your workers’ compensation benefit determination Ohio law requires that we obtain a consent from you before disclosing the performance or results of an HIV test or diagnoses of AIDS or an AIDS-related condition.
Ohio law requires that we obtain a consent from you before disclosing the performance or results of an HIV test or diagnoses of AIDS or an AIDS-related condition.
Access to Your Personal Health Information. You have the right to copy and/or inspect much of the personal health information that we retain on your behalf. Requests for access may be made verbally or in writing to the Medical Records Department and require an authorization for release of information signed by you or your legal representative. For requests made by the patient or the patient’s personal representative:
For Paper Records
Pages 1-10 $2.98 per page
Pages 11-50 $0.62 per page
Pages 51 and higher $0.26 per page
For data recorded other than on paper: $2.04 per page
Chart reviews will also be scheduled with the Medical Records Department and will be charged at $10.00 (records reviewed within the department). There is no charge for the copying and release of your health information when it is released to an- other health care provider for continuity of care. To request confidential communication in an alternative location/address, please send in a written request to the following address:
Medical Records Department, 401 North Ewing Street, Lancaster, Ohio 43130