Hand therapy addresses functional recovery from an upper extremity injury or disease process. The goal of treatment is to help patients regain full hand and arm function for completion of their daily work, sport, or self care activities. Treatment programs are individually designed to meet the goals of each patient.
Elbow, wrist, and hand conditions commonly treated may include:
- Tendon/ligament injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries (i.e., carpal tunnel syndrome, deQuervain’s tenosynovitis, cubital tunnel syndrome)
- Nerve injuries
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Specific treatment for these conditions may include the following services:
- Range of motion/stretching
- Gross and fine motor coordination
- Scar management
- Edema management
- Pain management
- Modalities (i.e., ultrasound, electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, paraffin, Fluidotherapy)
- Desensitization/sensory stimulation
To learn more about our Hand Rehabilitation services or to schedule an appointment, please call Outpatient Therapy Services at (740) 687-8602.