Fairfield Medical Center
LANCASTER, Ohio (April 25, 2013) – On Wednesday, May 1, Fairfield Medical Center is hosting Community Sneaker Day, an initiative to promote health and fitness.
“We want the entire community to get involved in Community Sneaker Day by wearing their sneakers and joining us at various events throughout the day,” said Misty Newsome, manager of FMC’s Health and Wellness Services.
Activities for the day include:
• Walk with a Doc featuring Dr. Jennifer Ross hosted by Fairfield Medical Center beginning at noon at the gazebo downtown.
• Visit Rising Park from noon-1 p.m. for a guided walk. This is hosted by Lancaster Parks & Recreation.
• Stop by TrueFit Athletics, located at 702 S. Ewing St. in Lancaster, for the fitTOGETHER Workout of the Day from 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. This workout will be something people of all fitness levels can do.
• Work out at the Robert K. Fox Family YMCA, located at 465 W. Sixth Ave. in Lancaster, during free exercise sessions from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• Join Fusion Dance, located at 4220 Coonpath Road in Carroll, for a free workout session from noon-1 p.m.
Lancaster City Schools and Pickerington Local Schools will be participating in Community Sneaker Day. Area businesses and other schools are encouraged to participate by allowing their employees and students to wear their sneakers.
# # #