Required Mask Usage
Beginning April 29, 2020 all visitors and staff are required to wear a mask while visiting any Fairfield Medical Center facility. This new requirement has been put in place as an additional safety precaution to guard against the transmission of COVID-19. Patients are recommended to bring and wear their own face mask or covering to their next office visit. If they do not have a face covering, one will be supplied for the duration of their visit.
As an organization, Fairfield Medical Center recognizes that the high-quality care we strive to provide cannot be accomplished without first considering the health and well-being of our patients, their families and our staff. With this in mind, several precautions have been implemented to mitigate the risk of disease transmission, including:
- Heightened visitor restrictions
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection of shared surfaces
- Observance of social distancing measures
- Mandatory use of masks/face coverings for all outpatient visitors and team members
- Closure of public gathering places across facilities (i.e. cafeteria seating area, coffee bar, gift shop)
- Widespread temperature screenings upon entrance to all FMC facilities
- Cancellation of community and internal events/meetings
- Expansion of telehealth capabilities
While it’s impossible to eliminate the risk of contracting COVID-19 in its entirety, it is possible to do everything in our power to protect those in our care. Fairfield Medical Center will continue to make decisions in the best interest of those we serve, and our staff will continue to show up to the front lines. We are all in this together – and together, we can make a difference.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time. For additional information regarding Fairfield Medical Center’s COVID-19 response efforts, please click here.
Posted April 27, 2020