Job Title: Payroll Associate
Pay Grade: 6
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Department/Job Code: 3102
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
OSHA Exposure Level:
Responsible for maintenance and processing of all payroll functions including bi-weekly payroll processing, management reporting, payroll tax filings, and payroll accounting. Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance to the established FMC policies, procedures and guidelines
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Previous payroll experience preferred.
Job-related Skills: Knowledge of payroll processing and payroll tax filing procedures. Working knowledge of computers. Detail-oriented. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to problem-solve and facilitate resolution to issues; demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities; ability to make independent decisions.
Organizational Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Mission and Service Values
- Empathy – Demonstrates a willingness to understand others’ perspectives, without labeling or judging; treats others with compassion and is personally engaged in providing patient and family-centered care.
- Integrity—Takes responsibility for own words and actions; has passion and courage to do the right thing; delivers on promises and commitments; is honest and achieves excellence in all things through ethical and legal behavior.
- Stewardship—Uses FMC resources wisely; respects the time and resources of patients, family and peers; shows pride in FMC and gives back to the Center and community with time, talent and /or money.
- Agility—Demonstrates courage to take initiative to find creative solutions; anticipates concerns and responds promptly; minimizes bureaucracy and explores opportunity for growth.
- Teamwork—Works collaboratively, not in silos; treats others with courtesy and respect; assumes good intent and welcomes differing viewpoints; creates a spirit of belonging and fellowship within FMC; embraces the FMC culture.
- Commitment and Engagement
- Quality—Demonstrates commitment to improve individual performance and contributes to team accomplishments and quality improvement initiatives.
- Safety—Creates and maintains a safe and clean work environment and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate individuals.
- Service—Recognizes and anticipates the needs of customers and strives to surpass customer expectations; utilizes AIDET, TeamSTEPPS and other tools to avoid and/or resolve concerns with the best possible outcome.
- Sustainability—Demonstrates timely, accurate and cost-conscious use of resources in the daily work.
- Personal Engagement
- Organization Commitment—Complies with FMC policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines; reports compliance or ethical concerns to appropriate personnel; does not gossip but works to create a positive work experience with others.
- Personal Commitment—Demonstrates ownership of the job; willing to step up and help others; works across departmental lines; is fully present at work—physically and emotionally; maximizes own talents and that of others.
- Personal Growth—Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning; completes all mandatory education and participates in learning events/opportunities/experiences to enhance on-the-job performance.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews and processes time records for the Center.
- Inputs authorized changes in the payroll system.
- Provides requested payroll reports as needed.
- Prepares quarterly and yearly payroll tax returns.
- Performs Payroll and account reconciliations.
- Researches payroll problems as requested.
- Reviews and distributes W-2s produced by the payroll system.
- Assists Accounting staff with payroll and general ledger accounting and reporting processes
Physical Capacity Demand
Psychological/Mental – analytical abilities, memory, problem-solving and creativity
Physiological- Potential Exposures: Electrical equipment
Cognitive-Communication and collaboration with other co-workers, physicians, other employees, and patients and families; prioritizing and time management; persuasiveness and judgment
Environmental-no special considerations
Protective Equipment- no special considerations
Fairfield Medical Center