Community Heart Watch Advocating for Awareness
The Community Heart Watch, formed in partnership with Fairfield Medical Center, was created with one mission in mind: to save lives across the region. This committee of local healthcare providers, educators, first responders and economic leaders is determined to improve sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) survival rates throughout southeastern Ohio by:
- Increasing community education and awareness
- Distributing and mapping automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- Empowering bystanders just like you to step in and save lives
Friends of the Community
In addition to FMC and regional first responders, local organizations have joined the cause by receiving their Heart Safe Business Accreditation through Fairfield Medical Center’s education program. This program was designed to provide lifesaving training to the staff and personnel of participating businesses, allowing them to administer emergency care until first responders arrive.
Heart Safe Accredited Businesses:
- Fairfield Federal Savings & Loan
- Park National Bank
- Fairfield Center for disAbilities and Cerebral Palsy
- Stebelton Snider
- Fairfield County Utilities
- Fairfield County Job and Family Services
To learn more about becoming a Heart Safe Business, contact FMC’s community outreach coordinator at 740-687-6929, or view our Heart Safe Business Accreditation Toolkit.