Experience the Expertise
Using an individualized approach, advanced technology and innovative research, our Infectious Disease Team is committed to providing excellent care for the diagnosis, treatment and management of a wide variety of conditions.
At the Fairfield Healthcare Professionals Infectious Disease Clinic, we treat more than your illness: we care for you as a person.
To learn more about services we offer, call our office at 740-687-8805.
Please note a physician referral may be required.
FHP Infectious Disease treats patients 16 years of age and older.
What is infectious disease?
Infectious diseases can be caused by a wide range of microscopic organisms – including bacteria, fungi, viruses or parasites – and may spread from person to person, through food and water sources or be transmitted by insects and animals. In some cases, these infections can lead to serious illness.
Our expert Infectious Disease Team focuses on identifying and treating the source of infection to improve the health of patients, protect the community and make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Who is affected by infectious diseases?
Infectious diseases can affect anyone, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation and ethnicity.
You may be at an increased risk for certain types of infection if you are:
- Immunocompromised (I.E. transplant recipients, patients undergoing chemotherapy treatment and those with HIV)
- Recovering from surgery or have recently received an implanted medical device
- Traveling to areas where certain infections are common
- Taking steroids or other medications that suppress the immune system
- Diagnosed with cancer, diabetes, venous insufficiency or other conditions that may delay healing
- Experiencing additional conditions, such as advanced age or malnutrition