Fairfield Medical Center Outpatient Therapy Services
Effective immediately, all visitors and staff are required to wear a face mask or covering at Fairfield Medical Center facilities.
Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear during your next visit. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking extra precautions to keep our patients safe. If you have a fever, dry cough or flu-like symptoms, or been around anyone who is sick, please call before coming to your appointment. For more information on COVID-19, you can call our information center at 740-687-8818.
- Provides services related to hearing and balance disorders, including diagnostic testing for adults, pediatrics and infants and hearing aid dispensing, fitting and servicing.
- Occupational Therapy evaluates and treatsindividuals of all ages who are physically, developmentally or cognitively impaired. Treatment emphasis is geared toward the restoration of function in order to maximize a person’s independence and safety with self-care, work and home management skills. This may be accomplished by increasing joint range of motion, muscle strengthening and endurance, providing patient education, fabricating splints and/or instruction in the use of adaptive equipment or techniques.
- Physical Therapy can be beneficial to patients of all ages with diagnoses affecting various areas of the body,including the knee, ankle/foot,shoulder, low back and cervical areas. Physical Therapy can promote healing of injured areas, decrease pain, improve function of ambulation and transfer skills and decrease rehabilitationtime following orthopedic surgeries or cardiovascular accidents.
- Warm water aquatic therapy pool (available at River Vallley Campus)
- The Speech Pathology Department works with children and adults who exhibit communication disorders such as: pronunciation problems, voice problems, stuttering, difficulty understanding or using spoken and/or written language, and difficulty swallowing. They also perform modified barium swallowing evaluations.
- Athletes are highly driven and goal-oriented people. We will be there to help you reach your goals and get you back on the playing field quickly and safely! While an injury is an injury, weekend warriors to high level athletes will tell you that the sidelines are no place to be stuck. Sports-specific rehabilitation is much like traditional physical therapy but with emphasis on exercises that mirror required movements of the sport. We will custom design a rehabilitation program for you based on your sport your fitness level and your goals. Treatment may include hands-on manual therapy, various modalities and the most current sport specific exercise instruction. Returning you to what you love to do as quickly and safely as possible is our goal.