Run With Your Community,
For Your Community
Thank you to all who joined us for our annual 5K/10K to support patient care and recovery.
Thank you to our sponsors! To sponsor this or other 2024 events, please contact the FMC Foundation.
190 people participated in the 2023 Heart & Lung Run and more than $21,000 was raised for the Heart & Lung Fund. In addition, The Ed Readman Award was presented to Kevin Curry of Information Services, who is a graduate of cardiopulmonary rehab at FMC. Like Ed, Kevin is a dedicated participant in the Heart & Lung Run. “Every year since Kevin’s event, he has participated in the Heart and Lung Run, often competing against the very surgeon who saved his life,” said Stephanie Young, who helps coordinate the event each year.
In the coming year, the FMC Foundation is committed to supporting cardiovascular health through the renovation and enhancement of FMC’s interventional Cath Labs.
These rooms service thousands of hearts each year, including procedures to diagnose, prevent and treat life-threatening cardiac disease by providing the necessary equipment to open blocked vessels and restore blood flow to the heart.
“We never want patients to have to make a choice between their health and their finances. Their job is to concentrate on getting healthy, not to worry about whether or not they can afford to get healthy.”
– Stephanie Young, FMC Cardio Fitness Supervisor
Date, Time and Location:
- Date: TBA
- Check-in: 6:30-7:45 a.m.
- Start time: 8 a.m.
- Location: Fairfield Medical Center, 401 N. Ewing St.
(Near corner of N. Ewing and Main St.)
Race Options and Pricing:
- 5K student price: $20
- 5K walk/run regular price: $25*
- 10K run regular price: $30*
- Early registration ends on TBA*. After early registration ends, prices increase by $5, and shirts are not guaranteed.
Online registration closes TBA – but don’t worry! In-person registration will remain available at packet pick up on Friday and prior to races on Saturday.
All Ages Welcome:
- Children 12 and under may participate for free, but will not receive a race shirt or timing chip. Youth-sized shirts are available with paid registration.
- Race shirt
- Timing chip
- Awards by distance, gender and age group
- The satisfaction of supporting your community!
Race Packet Pick Up
- Packet and shirt pick up is available on TBA from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. just inside FMC’s Main Entrance at 401 N. Ewing St.
- If you are unable to pick up your order during this time, race packets will be available the morning of the race. Please visit race check-in before 8 a.m.