A valuable asset you can donate in exchange for powerful tax benefits. Transfer of stocks and bonds allows a donor to enjoy an income tax charitable deduction for the full market value. Contributions of personal property are available for things great or small, to benefit efforts such as our annual Wine Tasting Charity Auction, to deeding of real estate property for the purposes of resell.
Gifts Of Stock And Appreciated Assets
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to FMC.
- FMC then sells your securities and uses the proceeds to benefit patient care.
- You can use our Stock Transfer Form to facilitate the gift.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.