Providing Needed Items for Patients and Visitors
Did you know that Fairfield Medical Center has a room on the main campus where patients and visitors can get everything from new clothing to an extra blanket or some activities to keep them occupied during their stay? The Care Closet is a project of the FMC Foundation and Volunteer Services, and its mission is simple – to help patients and visitors during their time of need while making their stay a little bit brighter. Staff members and volunteers who see a patient or visitor in need can offer items from the Care Closet at any time at no charge to the recipient. While the Foundation and the volunteers provide financial support for the Care Closet, along with Fairfield Christian Church (through their HELP Ministry), the Care Closet relies heavily on donations throughout the year.
- Donated items must be new.
- Variety of activities: puzzles, books, fidget toys, and playing cards
- Sweatpants, all sizes (toddler, youth, adult)
- T-shirts, all sizes (toddler, youth, adult)
- Sweatshirts, sizes (toddler, youth, adult)
- Sleepers (infant sizes)
- Socks, all sizes (toddler, youth, adult)
- Underwear, all sizes (toddler, youth, adult)
- Warm handmade blankets
- Seasonal need only: winter coats
Delivery Instructions or Questions
If you would like to donate items or have questions, contact Heidi Reed at 740-687-8109 or email@example.com.
We Love to Shop
If you would prefer to let us do the shopping, you may choose to make a monetary donation. You can make a monetary donation through the FMC Foundation that is specified for the Care Closet.