Temporary Changes to Visitor Policies
Due to social distancing guidelines, we strongly discourage visitors during outpatient clinic appointments and through the duration of a patient’s hospital stay. However, we understand that during appointments or hospital stays, additional support or assistance from a loved one may be needed.
Beginning June 8, one identified visitor is permitted at all FMC facilities. This identified visitor should be the same person for the duration of the patient appointment or stay. For the safety of patients, visitors and staff, patients with confirmed COVID-19 and patients under investigation for COVID-19 are not permitted to have visitors at Fairfield Medical Center.
Visitors at all Fairfield Medical Center facilities are required to:
- Bring and wear their own face covering and have their temperature screened upon entry to the building(s)
- While in Fairfield Medical Center facilities, visitors should remain in the patient’s room or exam area, respect social distancing guidelines and practice hand hygiene
- Visitors are asked to please avoid leaving and re-entering the building(s)
Visitors should be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Immediate family members, those holding power of attorney, guardians or patient representatives
- Healthy with no symptoms of illness, including cough, fever, or shortness of breath
- If symptoms present during visitation, please notify a staff member
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for:
- Maternity unit – Maternity patients are allowed one identified support person in the facility. This person will have an identification band readily visible for staff to check. This person will not change during the patient’s stay. In addition to the one support person, doulas are permitted with the return and presentation of a negative COVID screen. A mother who has delivered and been readmitted, newborns are permitted with a caregiver in the room.
- Children under 18-years old admitted to the hospital are allowed two caregivers
- Patients receiving end-of-life care – three visitors are permitted at a time
Please call 740-243-1099 to learn more about visitation exceptions.